Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What I've Been Up To.

So I've been pretty busy lately (I say that all the time!). I've taken up crochet again and I may have found my calling. I love crocheting! 
I recently signed up for a Craftsy crocheting class. Best money I've spent. I signed up for two classes Amigurumi: Woodland Animals with Stacey Trock and Amigurumi: Design Your Own Monster with Stacey Trock. I really enjoyed her classes! Before I took up sewing and embroidering I was struggling with my amigurumi. I would get all the pieces made, try to attach them and fail miserably. Stacey gave me some seriously helpful tips to make it soo much easier to assemble my little critters!
Since I loved making the critters so much I stepped into designing my own little monsters. As with her previous class, she gave some super useful tips when designing your own little guys. While sitting at work, I've been filling up a notebook with ideas. Annnnd since I'm on vacation until the 22nd, I have lots of time on my hands.
So, here are some pictures of what I've been up to the last month.
Here are the monsters I thought up.

 Here is Grrr, in bigger detail.

 The finished Grr. I still have to write the completed pattern.


 Here is Booger. I made him for a co-worker and she  named him Booger and sat her on top of her computer.

 Octi. A cute little octopus pattern I found online (click here for the pattern). Everyone loved him. He sits on top of my computer at work.

 A dragon I made for my dad. He was a struggle but I conquered him. 

And Sir Bear. He is my very FIRST amigurumi piece I completed. The pattern is from the Woodland Class I took online at Craftsy.

As you can see, very busy! But I love all my little guys. I have them camping out by my TV in our living room so everyone can see.


Alayna

No comments:

Post a Comment