Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Laundry Detergent!

So I just discovered a recipe for homemade laundry detergent!
I got the recipe from the Being Creative to Keep My Sanity blog. The directions were simple and I found everything I needed from WalMart!
I did tweak my recipe though. Instead of using the Fels-Naptha soap, I decided to use regular Ivory bar soap. For me it was more cost efficient and Ivory smells delicious! And since the detergent smells very mild I decided to add some more scent so I used some Purex crystals. I said what the hey and add the whole bottle and it smells GREAT!

Ingredients:
  • (1) 4lb box of Borax
  • (1) 4lb box of Arm &  Hammer Baking Soda
  • (1)  4lb box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
  • (3) Bars Fels- Naptha soap (Here I subbed 3 bars of Ivory Bar Soap)
  • Oxy Clean, you will need about 3.5 lbs
  • (optional) (1) large container of Purex Crystals, to add a more intense smell
  • 5 gallon bucket
  • Large container of your choice
Here's How You Do It: 
  1. Grate your soap either with a cheese grater or stick it in your food processor to get a really fine grate.
  2. Mix all your ingredients in your giant 5 gallon bucket. Make sure it's mixed evenly.
  3. This step is optional. You can just store your detergent in your nice big 5 gallon bucket or you can transfer your soap into a large container like I did.
 There's my supply. Using about 2 tbs a load, this should last a very long time. Joe and I only do about 3-4 loads a week.
I'm super excited about this find! My next adventure with probably be the dish washing detergent recipe that she also has on her blog!



Alayna

No comments:

Post a Comment