Thursday, April 19, 2012

My (First) April Birchbox

What is Birchbox? It's pure awesome in a box. HA! Seriously, it's a box full of trial sized beauty products from name-brand companies and probably some brands the common folk (like me) have never heard of. It's only $10 a month and totally worth it. 
I first heard of Birchbox from Kate at The Small Things Blog. She has GREAT hair tutorials and beauty tutorials. So for a complete beginner like me, her blog is stinkin' wonderful!
In early March I decided to jump on the train and start getting boxes. I didn't realized they had a waiting list. Bummer. So I jumped on the list and figured it would be awhile before I got my email telling me I could sign up. At the beginning of April I got my email! (I did a little dance at work when I read it.)
So I signed up immediately and waited for my box to ship...and yesterday I finally go it! It's a small pink box and when Joe came home with the mail he dropped everything else and handed me my box. He went crazy and asked me "What did you order NOW?!" I calmed him by telling him it was only $10 and tried to explain what it was. He wasn't listening after determining I hadn't just spent all our vacation money (hehe).



 The cute little box.





Here's everything that is included, as well as a description.



All of my goodies.




The Vapour elixir gloss. I was a little hesitant to use it since it's such a dark red color. But it's totally buildable! YAY! I have really fair skin and it went on super dark. Joe didn't like it at first but I tried again and didn't put so much on and it looked fabulous! I went out to dinner with my parents last night and wore it out. I didn't feel uncomfortable in it at all!


 
 Le Palais des Thes tea. I don't normally drink hot tea. (Being from the South it's always sweet iced tea for me) but I'm going to give this a go.



 I was most excited about this little guy. I just got through reading my Cosmo and this product was mentioned in one of the articles. It's called dirt and it is a salt scrub. Salt is supposed to be grittier than other scrubs, meaning it should slough off more dull, dead skin. So I'm really pumped to try this bad boy out!



 Here is the Orofluido hair oil. It's got essential oils such as argan, linseed, and cyperus which are supposed to make hair super soft. 



I'm excited about these guys, too! I've been looking for a new face cleanser and moisturizer because what I'm using just isn't working. These guys are made with food! (that kinda blows my mind) I got two pouches of cleanser and three pouches of moisturizer. The moisturizer has SPFs in it which is exactly what I'm looking for!


So, for my first box it was a good deal to me! I'm determined to give all of these things a shot. I mean, isn't that the purpose of this box?! To try things you may have not tried before?



Alayna




 

No comments:

Post a Comment