Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Bag!

So I was feeling adventurous this past weekend and decided to whip up a new purse. Ohmigosh...it was a lot harder than the instructions made it seem...

I got the instructions and patterns Here.
This is definitely not a beginners bag. The only thing I found difficult about this project was that I had no idea what I was doing. I had never made a bag before... plus, these instructions are very vague and left a lot of (what I feel) important steps out. 

BUT! I did get it completed (after 2 days of ripping out seams and ripping out hearts).


 The Front


The inside showing the pocket.
 And the inside showing all my goodies. 
(Why, yes that is a pamphlet on knitting in my bag. You never know when you might need it...)

I got my exterior fabric from Hobby Lobby. It's a printed duck fabric by Waverly and it's gorgeous! The lining is made of quilting cotton, I got it at Jo-Ann awhile ago so I forget who it's made by.

I decided not to add the little bit of trim (or whatever you want to call it) between the top two layers like in the tutorial. But, after all the hard work and turmoil, sweat, tears, and a few minor injuries...it was definitely worth it. Heck, Joe even said he was impressed and the man is as manly as they come.



Mission accomplished. :)




Alayna

No comments:

Post a Comment