Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happenings

I haven't had much time to sew lately. Joe and I left for Wichita on short notice last Tuesday. His grandpa wasn't doing to well and he wanted to say his goodbyes. We got home late Monday and I still feel exhausted.
Despite everything that happened, I'm glad we got to go to Wichita and see most of Joe's family. I know he doesn't get a chance to see his parents or other family very much and it's nice seeing him interact with them.
Joe's grandpa passed on Thursday morning and we spent a few days more with his family. We also got to spend a couple days with my mom and little brother in Oklahoma City. It was nice. :) We had planned to make a trip to OKC over the holiday weekend but since we were saving up to get a new place we had to push back the trip indefinitely. Even with the unfortunate events it was good to spend time with both of our families this past week.
Joe always tells me to just go with the flow of things, but being a control freak makes that kind of hard. I'm a planner. And I feel most comfortable planning things well in advance...and letting go is HARD! But I'm getting better at it...at least I like to think I am.

Sorry for no pictures...wasn't exactly a picture taking trip. :)


Alayna

No comments:

Post a Comment